AMANDA “MISS KITTY” BLAKE Original pencil drawing of Blake, also signed by the artist, John Raitt Original Art signed: “Best wishes/Amanda Blake”, 5½x8½. Pencil drawing also signed by the artist “Raitt”. Amanda Blake (1929-1989), born Beverly Louise Neill, is best remembered as Kitty Russell, hostess of the Long Branch Saloon in the long-running TV Western, Gunsmoke (1955-1974; she left the show before its final season). She was nominated for Golden Globes for Best Actress – Drama for the role in 1969 and 1970 and for the Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe in 1971. Blake, who had been signed by MGM in 1949, made her film debut in 1950, the year she was first cast opposite her future Gunsmoke co-star, James Arness, in Stars in My Crown. Her feature film credits also include Sunny Side of the Street (1951), Lili (1953), A Star is Born (1954) and High Society (1955). Blake, who made guest appearances on TV shows from 1952 (Schlitz Playhouse of Stars) to 1983 (Hart to Hart), also starred in several made-for-TV movies, including 1987’s Gunsmoke: Return to Dodge, a “reunion” film. While in college in the 1930s, JOHN RAITT began drawing portraits of famous people. He sent his artwork to each subject with a request that it be autographed and returned to him. Two horizontal folds. Adhesive residue at corners. Slightly creased. Otherwise, fine condition. – Please contact us if you have any questions or require additional information. DOCUMENT 298373
- Makes a memorable one-of-a-kind gift or unique centerpiece for your home or office!
- Use the Amazon “Make an Offer” option and get a quick response today!
- UACC registered dealer #RD110 and long-standing member of the Manuscript Society – In business since 1981.
- We only sell 100% authentic autographs & manuscripts and every purchase is backed by a certificate of authenticity recognized by every major insurance company around the world – Buy with confidence!
- We are here to answer any questions you may have regarding this or any other piece. We have an outstanding reputation for the thoroughness of our research, for our business integrity and for our service to our clients.