JOHNNY MACK BROWN and ANN DVORAK Johnny Mack Brown and Ann Dvorak inscribed opposite sides of an album leaf in 1947. Inscribed Signature: “To/Don/Sincerely/Johnny Mack Brown”, 5¼x3¾ album leaf. And on verso: “to Don/Ann Dvorak”. Ink notes (unknown hand) date Brown’s signature 10-9-47, and Dvorak’s 10-11-47. An All American football halfback at Alabama, JOHNNY MACK BROWN (1904-1974) was cast opposite stars such as Greta Garbo and Mary Pickford in films of the late silent era. He found stardom, however, in the “B” Westerns of the 1930s-1950s, appearing in over 200 of them. Brown came out of retirement to play supporting roles in three Westerns of the mid-1960s. Stage and screen actress ANN DVORAK (1912-1979), pronounced Vorshak, was the daughter of silent film leading lady Anna Lehr. Dvorak starred in several Warner Bros. films of the early 1930s, including Scarface, Love is a Racket and Sky Devils. Salary disputes with the studio diminished her prospects thereafter. Show through of signatures on each side. Ink dates and names written in unknown hand at margins. Jagged at left edge. Otherwise, fine condition. – Please contact us if you have any questions or require additional information. DOCUMENT 19408
- Makes a memorable one-of-a-kind gift or unique centerpiece for your home or office!
- Use the Amazon “Make an Offer” option and get a quick response today!
- UACC registered dealer #RD110 and long-standing member of the Manuscript Society – In business since 1981.
- We only sell 100% authentic autographs & manuscripts and every purchase is backed by a certificate of authenticity recognized by every major insurance company around the world – Buy with confidence!
- We are here to answer any questions you may have regarding this or any other piece. We have an outstanding reputation for the thoroughness of our research, for our business integrity and for our service to our clients.