KAY KYSER Kay Kyser signs a 4×3¼ page “We’ll be ‘Thinking of you” Autograph Note signed: “To/Mrs. Foley -/We’ll be ‘Thinking of you’/Kay Kyser/11-4-39”, 4×3¼. “Thinking of You” was Kaiser’s theme song. Bandleader Kay Kyser (1906-1985), who couldn’t read a note of music, was one of the most popular bandleaders and music personalities in America from 1933 until the end of the 1940s. Kyser and his band became nationally known following a series of radio broadcasts from the Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica. These shows, which featured his trademark comedy (vocalists singing the titles of songs, interrupting a chorus for the band’s theme, “Thinking of You”) and an engagement at the Blackhawk Restaurant in Chicago, Kyser a star. His many hits included “The White Cliffs of Dover” and “Old Buttermilk Sky”. Kyser’s zany radio show, Kay Kyser’s Kollege of Musical Knowledge, ran for more than 15 years and was so popular that RKO signed him up for a series of films, starting with That’s Right, You’re Wrong. During WWII, Kyser and his band appeared at over 500 military installations in USO shows. After his radio show was cancelled in1949, Kyser had difficulty making a transition to television, and he retired in 1950. Slightly soiled at lower blank margin. Fine condition. – Please contact us if you have any questions or require additional information. DOCUMENT 207170
- Makes a memorable one-of-a-kind gift or unique centerpiece for your home or office!
- Use the Amazon “Make an Offer” option and get a quick response today!
- UACC registered dealer #RD110 and long-standing member of the Manuscript Society – In business since 1981.
- We only sell 100% authentic autographs & manuscripts and every purchase is backed by a certificate of authenticity recognized by every major insurance company around the world – Buy with confidence!
- We are here to answer any questions you may have regarding this or any other piece. We have an outstanding reputation for the thoroughness of our research, for our business integrity and for our service to our clients.