LAUREL AND HARDY: STAN LAUREL Stan Laurel writes requesting that the fee amount of $55.00 be paid to him from the insurance company. Autograph Letter Signed: “Stan”, 1p, 7×8. On personal stationary. Santa Monica, California, 1954 October 4. To: “My Dear Ben”. In full: “Herewith check from The House Insurance Co. The full amount due me is Fifty Five Dollars ($55.). Regards & Best-” Stan Laurel (1890-1965), born Arthur Stanley Jefferson in Ulverston, England, toured the U.S. in 1910 and 1912 as Charlie Chaplin’s understudy. He stayed in America to appear on vaudeville and in several comedy shorts, including one with an accidental pairing with Oliver Hardy (1892-1957), Lucky Dog, in 1918. In 1926, after separate careers, Laurel and Hardy worked together once more for director Hal Roach, who noticed their on-screen chemistry and persuaded them to join forces as a team to make comedies. From 1927-1950, Laurel and Hardy appeared in over 100 movies, including 27 feature films and the 1932 three-reeler, The Music Box, which won an Academy Award for Best Short Subject. In the late 1940s and early 1950s, the comedy legends also toured English music halls as well as continuing to make films. Laurel stopped performing after Hardy’s death in 1957, although he appeared in archival appearances in a number of documentaries on comedy legends, including Charlie Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy. Fold creases through all of “Stan” File holes at upper margin. Overall, fine condition. – Please contact us if you have any questions or require additional information. DOCUMENT 30844
- Makes a memorable one-of-a-kind gift or unique centerpiece for your home or office!
- Use the Amazon “Make an Offer” option and get a quick response today!
- UACC registered dealer #RD110 and long-standing member of the Manuscript Society – In business since 1981.
- We only sell 100% authentic autographs & manuscripts and every purchase is backed by a certificate of authenticity recognized by every major insurance company around the world – Buy with confidence!
- We are here to answer any questions you may have regarding this or any other piece. We have an outstanding reputation for the thoroughness of our research, for our business integrity and for our service to our clients.