PAUL FIX The Western actor fills out a biographical questionnaire, saying “It was a hell of a struggle at times. But I never regretted my decision to become a film actor- I worked with all of the greats … from Bill Farnum and Pearl White to Gable to Wayne” Questionnaire signed: “Peter Paul Fix” in black ink, 3p, 8½x11. Fix responds to a series of questions titled “Biographical Information”. In full: “Name: Peter Paul Fix; Date of birth: March 13th 1901; Place of birth: Dobbs Ferry N.Y.; Family background: First question German. Father a Brewer; Early Acting Experience: Various stock companies and little theaters and touring Broadway productions; Film Credits, 1930-: “The First Kiss” – Gary Cooper – Fay Wray Paramount – there were others but I have no list & cant (sic) recall them; Favorite Role or Roles: Too many to say- Like many gangster roles -Prisoner roles – good guy roles in later years; Reminiscences of Film Acting Career: “It was a hell of a struggle at times. But I never regretted my decision to become a film actor- I worked with all of the greats & hear greats- from Bill Farnum and Pearl White to Gable to Wayne and to Barrymore and have many memories of life and times with them- I couldn’t begin to list them in a few casual comments; Permanent Home Address (for use only in connection with further correspondence): 34 [Illegible] Ranch – Santa Monica Calif 90204; Inclusion and identification of Photographs: No comment by Fix (unsigned, black and white publicity photograph for An Eye for an Eye (1966) included). Accompanied by an unsigned black and white publicity photograph for An Eye for an Eye (1966). Paul Fix (1901-1983) appeared in dozens of Westerns in the 1930s, largely playing characters that were villainous or untrustworthy. From 1933-1973, he appeared in 24 films with John Wayne, whom he had befriended in the mid-1930s. His most familiar r… More information available. Please contact us if you have questions. DOCUMENT 294220
- Makes a memorable one-of-a-kind gift or unique centerpiece for your home or office!
- Use the Amazon “Make an Offer” option and get a quick response today!
- UACC registered dealer #RD110 and long-standing member of the Manuscript Society – In business since 1981.
- We only sell 100% authentic autographs & manuscripts and every purchase is backed by a certificate of authenticity recognized by every major insurance company around the world – Buy with confidence!
- We are here to answer any questions you may have regarding this or any other piece. We have an outstanding reputation for the thoroughness of our research, for our business integrity and for our service to our clients.