JOHN WAYNE John Wayne signs a slip of paper signed “Good Luck John Wayne” in blue ink Autograph Sentiment signed: “Good Luck/John Wayne” in blue ink, 5¼x2½ slip of paper. Wayne (1907-1979, born Marion Michael Morrison), appeared in more films (over 250) than any other star. Best known for his roles in Westerns and war movies, Wayne’s long list of Westerns includes Stagecoach (1939), Fort Apache (1948), She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949), Rio Grande (1950), Hondo (1953), Rio Bravo (1959, which Wayne and director Howard Hawks remade as El Dorado in 1967 and Rio Lobo in 1970, and The Shootist (1976, his last film). Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor in 1949 for The Sands of Iwo Jima, Wayne was awarded the 1969 Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as U.S. Marshal Rooster Cogburn in True Grit. Adhesive residue at top and bottom edge. Left and right edges are irregular. Otherwise, fine condition. – Please contact us if you have any questions or require additional information. DOCUMENT 182678
- Makes a memorable one-of-a-kind gift or unique centerpiece for your home or office!
- Use the Amazon “Make an Offer” option and get a quick response today!
- UACC registered dealer #RD110 and long-standing member of the Manuscript Society – In business since 1981.
- We only sell 100% authentic autographs & manuscripts and every purchase is backed by a certificate of authenticity recognized by every major insurance company around the world – Buy with confidence!
- We are here to answer any questions you may have regarding this or any other piece. We have an outstanding reputation for the thoroughness of our research, for our business integrity and for our service to our clients.